Driving a 4×4 vehicle off-road requires ability and skill, especially if driving off-road is part of your everyday working life. Our training course will provide you with experienced instructors who will guide and advise you throughout the course, ensuring that the key fundamentals of 4×4 vehicle driving are covered. Once the course has been completed and passed you will gain a Certificate of Competence in professional 4×4 off-road driving.
Who is it for?
This course is for the off-road driver who operates 4×4 vehicles. Any driver, such as a recognised approved driver instructor (ADI), section leader, supervisor, mountain rescue team leader etc, who will be passing on best practice basic driving skills to new staff/members and who wants to gain recognised certification for it. As long as you hold a current driving licence and are able to demonstrate that you are a competent driver, then this professional 4×4 off-road driving course is for you.
What will you get from it?
- Comply with legal requirements emphasising safe best practice
- Identify risks associated with using a 4×4 vehicle off-road
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Understand the main causes of accidents
- Identify the controls and components of the vehicle
- Perform pre-start checks
- Prepare the vehicle for use off-road
- Assess the suitability of the ground/route
- Identify and report faults
- Perform a failed hill climb
- Drive over a variety of terrain (appropriate to the vehicle type)
- Perform an on-site risk assessment
- Identify the loading/towing capacities
- Understand legal and practical requirements for off-road driving