ATV riders can find themselves in a potentially dangerous situation, and without the proper training serious accidents can occur.
Who is it for?
Our side-by-side ATV’s – including loads and trailed equipment course is for anyone who uses a side-by-side ATV as part of their work. This one-day course is for learners with experience.
What will you get from it?
- Comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on safe best practice.
- Identify the risks associated with using a sit-astride ATV.
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Understand the main causes of accidents.
- Identify the controls and components.
- Understand the function of all instruments.
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator’s manual.
- Carry out appropriate pre-start checks.
- Identify and report any faults.
- Start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions.
- Carry out a ‘failed hill’ climb.
- Carry out a risk assessment and plan the route.
- Operate the sit-astride ATV safely on a variety of slopes and terrain.
- Identify loading/towing capacities.
- Drive with loads and trailed equipment.
- Load and secure for transport on the road (if appropriate).
- Understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road.
- Identify track profile and weight transfer.
- Load and unload machine from trailer/lorry.