Towing a trailer can be daunting, even for the most experienced user. If you are responsible for towing a trailer then you will encounter different challenges when driving on and off the road and it is important that you have the confidence and expertise to tow a trailer safely.
Our Basic and Off-Road Trailer Handling course has been designed to increase your awareness on and off the road providing the confidence you need in order to tow and handle a trailer, and to ensure safety in towing techniques.
Who is it for?
Our Basic and Off-Road Trailer Handling course is for anyone who wishes to update their skills in trailer handling and/or satisfy health and safety legislation regarding the safe use of trailers at work. Our course is also suited to you if you wish to take the RSA trailer test for towing on the road. Or simply if you need to tow trailers off the road as part of your work.
Before taking this 1-day course it is important that you hold a full driving licence.
What will you get from it?
- The main causes of accidents
- Towing vehicle/trailer combinations and set up
- Essential vehicle/trailer safety checks
- Correct coupling/un-coupling procedures
- Loading and nose weight checks
- Vehicle/trailer stability and security
- Handling techniques including reversing
- Assessment of individual performance and feedback
- Risk Assessment for towing off-road
- Legal requirement