This course enables the trainee/operator to understand the principles of driver/operator best practice and the implementation of control measures in the safe day-to–day operation of varying types of vehicles, varying severe weather conditions and to realise the possible hazards and health & safety implications of its use.
This course is for the 4×4 operator who uses the vehicle in all weather conditions and varying terrain, not necessarily in an off-road scenario, but in an urban environment, city or town. Off-road driving is also covered.
On completion of this course each trainee will have been given the information enabling him/her to:
- Identify health & safety requirements and be able to carry out a risk assessment before operating any 4×4 vehicle
- Comply with legal requirements emphasising safe best practice
- Correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Transmission wind-up
- Identify and report faults
- Prepare the vehicle for the task at hand
- Understand their own capabilities
- Understand the vehicles capabilities; including any additional equipment, such as raised air-intake, winches etc
- Carry out an assessment of the weather conditions for any such task
- Understand the risks involved in driving/operating in severe weather conditions